Buying lunch every day adds up some serious $$ over time, even if your only spending $5 a day. So a packed lunch is my choice… but that doesn’t mean a pb&j sandwich, we can leave that one for the school children. A packed lunch should be anything but boring, so lets step it up a notch and have a little fun.
To keep the costs down I like to pick something that I stick to for the whole week, sure I might vary it as I run out of particular ingredients but the same core ingredients remain. Anyway what I am trying to say is that I am going to share with you my lunch of the week every monday… you can play along too if you like :) Also any packed lunch favourites?
Paprika Chicken Sandwiches
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1-2 tbs olive oil
• 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
• 3 tbs olive oil
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp honey
• mixed salad leaves
• 3 hard boiled eggs
• 2 avocados
• cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
• olives, sliced
• red onion, very thinly sliced
• feta cheese
1. For the chicken – Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Rub the paprika and salt into the chicken Saute the chicken in the olive oil until cooked through, about 7-10
minutes. Let cool.
2. For the dressing – Combine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and honey in a bowl and whisk together.
3. Assemble you sandwich in whichever order pleases you, on one of the days I also gave mine a quick toast under the grill which was yummy but not necessary .