Today I have a cute little heart braid hairstyle tutorial for you. It’s simple, easy and a fun outfit completer for all things Valentines day.
1. Section the top half of your hair, from about the tops of the ears. Secure this with a small clear elastic.
2. Make a small hole in the hair just above the elastic, carefully reach through, grabbing the sectioned hair and pulling it up through the hair. You may need to gently retighten the elastic after doing this.
3. Section the top half of hair into two even pieces, secure on of the pieces out of the way. Now divide the second half into another two pieces, this time there should be one larger section and one smaller. Secure the smaller section out of the way.
4. Braid the hair all the way to the end, pulling at the braid as you go to make it fuller. Secure with a small elastic.
5. With the smaller section twist it to create a rope style braid. To do this twist the two sections in the opposite direction that you are twisting them together. Secure with a small elastic. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the other side.
6. Secure the 2 rope braids out of your way. Pin the two braids to make the top of the heart.
7. Pull all the loose hair and the two braids together into a ponytail. You know have your heart shape.
8. Position the rope braids around the outside of the heart, securing with hair pins as you go. Secure together into the ponytail with another elastic.
9. Finish it off by wrapping the elastics with some hair. Done
I hope everyone has a lovely Valentines day. And if you try out any of my hairstyles please let me know, I love to see pics.