This style is actually fairly simple but looks impressive and would be perfect for Valentines day, or any occasion really. You will find it easier if you have second day hair rather than freshly washed hair, as freshly washed hair can be quite slippery to work with. Another option is to just add some texturizing spray to give you some grip to work with if you hair is squeaky clean.
1. Back-comb the hair on the crown of your head. The more you backcomb the more volume you will end up with on top. Add hairspray as you back-comb to help hold the volume.
2. Smooth back the section you just backcombed and secure the two hair pins, if you want more volume simply push the hair up into more of a bump. No need to be too fussy about the hair pins as they will be taken out later.
3. Section off the hair just above your ear, if you don’t have a fringe (bangs) you will have a larger section. Start braiding this section.
4. As you braid towards the back of your head add hair only from the top to create a lace braid. As you get closer to the back you will need to release the hair pin so you can incorporate all the hair from the top half of your head.
5. Once you reach the back of your head stop adding hair and braid down to the end of the hair, secure with a small elastic.
6. Repeat the lace braid on the other side.
7. stretch out the hair down the outside side of the braid. it is import ants to only do it to one side as this is what will create the petals of the rose. Work your way up and down the braids until you are happy. I also pulled the part of the braid that runs along my head to create more volume. I pushed up the teased hair again and e added the pins for extra volume (I don’t have much hair at all, so anything to create the illusion of hair is a good thing).
8. To create the rose take your first braid and wrap it into a spiral, making sure the “pulled” side of your braid is on the outside. pin in as many places as you need to make it secure.
9. Take the second braid and wrap it around the outside, securing it hair pins as you go.
10. Take a few moments to adjust and stray hairs and make sure everything is secure then finish with a strong hold hairspray.
If you try this hairstyle I would love to see your photos, you can tag your instgram pics with @designeveryday or if your not the instragrammer type you can email me from the contacts tab.
Happy Braiding xx