You know those mornings when you are feeling so uninspired that trying to work out what to wear, Or do with your hair and makeup is such a drag… Well this was one of those mornings. So I decided to open up a magazine and be inspired by whatever page I opened to. This is what I ended up witH.
1. Jean Paul Gaultier’s collection at paris fashion week was probably one of my favourites, with all sorts of crazy things happening. I Especially love the number above, which I would totally rock whilst running errands around town.
2. Wouldn’t these tulips make the most gorgeous centre pieces for easter? I think I might just have to give it a try. There are full instructions here… I think I might try the cheat way ;)
3. Spring is almost here and that means I’m feeling an urge towards gin & tonics. This pretty picture caught my eye and immediately made me wish I had one in my hand as I sat lazily on a balcony in the sun. Wouldn’t that be nice now…
4. Lia Griffiths’s blog is a regular destination of mine. Her St. Patricks day printable ‘s really are the shiz… that perfect combination of cute but not in the slightest bit tacky. How is it that all holiday stuff ends up so cheap and tacky looking?
I feel like I have missed every holiday so far this year! Its really not fair, I had so much planned. Anyway now that I’m home I’m not going to let another holiday slip by me. So lets have an awesome St. Patricks day and then let the easter prep begin :D
After 6 weeks away, Im now a fully qualified commercial scuba diver… let the job hunt begin (don’t worry this blog will still be my little baby, its not going anywhere). As fun (and difficult) as the course was, I have to say that I am pretty excited to be sleeping in my own bed again and and of course being back with my lovely other half. It’s pretty rare that Simon and I get a weekend day off together, so it was an extra special treat to spend Saturday wondering around New Westminster with him. Unfortunately the ares lacks any good coffee shops (can anyone recommend one?) or maybe we just expect to much. But we did find some lovely little shops and some fun vintage stores too.
MIA again! I have 2 more weeks of living away from home… without my computer! Who would of thought it would be the toughest part of not being at home, well other than not having cuddles from my boyfriend and the cat!
Oh yeah, I also really miss my kitchen, the weekends that I get to go home I pretty much just go on a cooking marathon.
Two weeks more seems like forever when I think about the lack of cuddles, but when I think that in just two short weeks I’m going to be a qualified commercial scuba diver… its just a little crazy!
So far it’s been 4 weeks of freezing my ass off in the 4 degree c water… we even hit -13 topside last week… yet somehow its fun.
I think I might even be acclimatising to this weather, or maybe I’m just getting used to having numb fingers and toes.
On the downside, my hair hasn’t exactly been photo worthy over the last month, so I apologise for that but I have plenty planned for my spring hair.
Speaking of spring, I am so happy to see that pastels are sticking around for another season, I’m adoring the lovely mint, yellow and pink colour combos.
What about you? Looking forwards to some spring style?
1. I really wanted to make lots of tasty and pretty things for Chinese New year this year but other things are taking up my time so I will just have to appreciate others hard work. Like these gorgeous cupcakes.
2. How about a tangerine cocktail to wash down those cupcakes? Yes please!
3. I really think I want to make these clementine cupcakes, the recipe looks perfect.
4. And whilst on the theme of Chinese new year, this table setting is stunning. So perfect and so vibrant.
1. Prett much the most adorable macaroons ever. And they would be perfect for Australia day too (Jan 26th). You can find the recipe over on the Raspberri Cupcake blog.
2. Channeling the Australia day vibe in this gold yellow sweater but still staying warm for the northern hemisphere weather. You can see plenty more of Christine’s style over on her blog My Style Pill
3. Ok so you caught me out, its another aussie day theme. Funny thing is I’m really not patriotic in the slightest, but I did think these nails were pretty cute.
4. I LOVE love love this layout.
Sorry to be MIA this last week, the first month of the year is flying by and I feel like I have hardly given this space of mine any attention. But not without good reason of course. The last week I have mostly been either travelling or under the water! Since water and computers don’t really mix that well I have had to be computer free for a week… yeah it was tough.
That is my new morning view… its dark, cold and oh so much earlier than I am used to getting up.
I’m in Campbell River for the next 5 weeks going through a commercial scuba diving course… crazy right?
Last week was the prep week and also my first ever cold water dive. Diving a drysuit is a whole world of difference from a wetsuit and is something that takes some time to get used to. Thankfully I didn’t have any major issues, well unless you count how awfull my bouyancy control was for the first few dives. And one minor suit leak that resulted in my top half getting rather cold and wet.
But what an amazing feeling… jumping, or more acuratly rolling backwards, off the boat into the freezing water. Then bobbing on the surface before sinking down under the water where you find a whole new world.
I won’t lie, it was an exhausting week and it pushed my comfort zones. But I think the hardest part is not being able to cuddle up with my man at the end of the day. But I think we make up for that as best we can with endless skype calls every evening. Oh and not being able to have a big bubble bath… so everyone should add extra bubbles to their bath just for me :)